I was ducked under some dense bushes. The forest was dark and foggy, but I thought I'd heard footsteps in front of me. I walked behind the bushes as softly as I could, but I could still hear the cloaked figure's breathing. Sudden cold fell into my chest. Suddenly I could count my heartbeats, hear my every breath, and feel as dark red liquid ran through my body, working hard to keep me warm. The fog grew deeper as I followed the cloaked one deeper into the forest. Sometimes it seemed to hear me, and then turned around and kept on with its path. Why did I feel that urge to follow it around? I knew it was dangerous, I knew there were risks, mortal risks, but I still didn't care. The cloaked figure had me fascinated ever since I had seen it from the first day.
But still I couldn't figure out where it was going. Sometimes it turned around and seemed to stare at me; its red glaring was the only thing I could see beneath its cloak. But it would turn away wordlessly and glide away from me as soon as I wanted to approach. What was that?
The creature kept on gliding through the forest as I followed. Suddenly, the fog grew so dense that the creature seemed to have merged with it. Again, I had lost it. Again, I would have to wait for its signs, or my dreams, to reveal its location to me again.
Suscribirse a:
Comentarios de la entrada (Atom)


No hay comentarios.:
Publicar un comentario